The following quotes express ideas that you may find similar to those that we Buddhists study, such as the Six Paramitas and the Golden Chain. However, these quotes are from 3 very famous movies: The Karate Kid, The Empire Strikes Back and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (The Movie). Do you know who said each one?
If you really want to see how well you know these movies, when you get near the end, scroll down only as far as you need to in order to see question #9, so you don't reveal the answers (no cheating!). Good Luck!
1) "My ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we-not this crude matter. You must feel the force around you. Here, between you, me, the tree, the rock-everywhere."
2) "-make (the tree) like picture-trust picture-if come from inside you, always right one."
3) "Concentrate-focus power!"
4) "Possess the right thinking-only then can we receive the gift of strength, knowledge and peace."
5) "-you (and your sweetheart) look good together-different, but same."
6) "No! Try not. Do or do not--there is no try.
7) "Man who catch fly with chopstick accomplish anything."
8) "Anger clouds the mind-turn inward-it is an unconquerable enemy."
9) "If whole life have balance, everything will be better."
Oops, here come the answers:
Answers: 1) Yoda 2) Mr. Miyagi 3) Mr. Miyagi 4) Splinter 5) Mr. Miyagi 6) Yoda 7) Mr. Miyagi 8) Splinter 9) Mr. Miyagi